Tuesday, August 02, 2005

QUESTIONS...

(Here's a lil ditty I wrote on July 12, 2005 2:59pm before my intuition kicked into 5th gear to giving this dude the boot. It's copywritten so please NO PLAGIARISM!!! I can put it in a greeting card for you for a nominal fee...)


3 things I'd like you to do: Hold conversations with me and not only when there's a problem, be a man of your word and let me know where I fall on your list of priorities. (Think really hard before answering the last one.)

We are ready to let our guards down. I have no idea why they are up in the 1st place. Let go of past behaviours and fears so that we can move forward instead of being stagnant.

When we're alone together what makes me the most uncomfortable is your short attention span.
When we're in public what makes me most uncomfortable is your dislike for people coupled with your temper.

Right now I'm tolerating our 2 minute conversations and the fact that we exchange I love you's but we really don't know much about each other. Basics don't count.

Your goofiness and our ability to laugh is what makes me want to spend more time with you.
The silly arguments and the feel of walking on eggshells makes me not want to spend more time with you.

Our arguing makes me feel drained. Even though we do talk about what's going on, the fact that we fight about the same thing or something similar a day or two afterwards only leads me to believe that our talking doesn't lead to understanding and resolution.

In anger and frustration, you should never ever say that you want to leave unless you are serious and really want out. Never ever call each other names outside of our respectable names. Or the in famous "WHATEVER!"

Working hours and time spent with our kids should be the only time we spend apart. Unless we set aside time for our own personal "ME" time.

How long are we in this relationship for? Great question! Right at this moment I don't feel like I'm in a relationship unless "Me, myself and I count as two people.

What I think will keep us happily together is maturity on both parts, communication with effective talking and listening and the open minds to try nice things and step outside of our comfort zones. Don't allow us to get boring!

My need to be totally understood. It's a childhood hang up that I still go through. I've realized that I understand me best. God foremost though. To spend my life proving who I am to other people who may not last too long is really not how I want to spend my years.


J. Phill
© July 2005

No comments: